Friday, June 4, 2010

Metasploit Intro and How I get to know it.

INTRODUCTION
============

Metasploit provides useful information and tools for penetration testers, security researchers, and IDS signature developers. This project was created to provide information on exploit techniques and to create a functional knowledgebase for exploit developers and security professionals. The tools and information on this site are provided for legal security research and testing purposes only. Metasploit is an open source project managed by Rapid7.

(A compliment from Metasploit site http://www.metasploit.com/)

How I get to know Metasploit?
-----------------------------

Its came across on 2009 where and issue of Conficker viruses attacking my network.I got to study this Viruses from the net and suddenly it pop-up a site for exploiting Microsoft Windows Security Vulnerability MS08-067.

At that time I run a scanner using nmap and most of the LAN user infected of it.User are lacking in security vulnerability issue even a computer knowledge seem limited or don't bother at all.

At first its really hard to understand a simple instruction on how to install it into my Ubuntu box and after a few tries and I got it at last >:D .... its mean no harm just for the sake of my network and knowledge.

I lean all from this Metasploit blog ( http://blog.metasploit.com/ ) and also others blog that got around the Net.

Its was tremendous/stunning and a piece of art pioneer by HD Moore and his team.With this it really helping me a lot in securing issue around my network including for PC's and servers even routers.

Lastly...

I really appreciated and thankful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment